What Our Top Dog Says About The Gentle Leader Head Collar:
The Gentle Leader Head Collar stops pulling, lunging, jumping, and other unwanted behaviors with immediate, gentle control. Unlike traditional collars, the Gentle Leader® places pressure on the back of the neck instead of the front of the delicate throat, preventing choking and coughing.
The Gentle Leader by Premier is not a muzzle, it's a "head collar." It immediately eliminates pulling on the leash -- when you steer your dog's nose, you steer his entire body. It's a positive, no-pain option for controlling your dog.
Dogs of all sizes pull on standard collars and harnesses due to a natural instinct to pull against pressure. The Gentle Leader Head collar counters that instinct in two ways:
- Pressure is applied to the back of the neck (rather than the front) reducing your dog's drive to pull forward.
- It works like a halter on a horse -- where the nose goes, the body will follow.
Here Are The Doggie Details:
- Reduces pulling on the leash
- Perfect for training dogs to heel
- Easy to fit and get dog used to wearing it
- Collar sits high on dog’s neck without putting pressure on the throat
- Nose loop redirects dog without the need for a muzzle
- Available in 5 sizes - Color Black (shows less dirt)
- Detailed instructions and a training DVD
- Not a muzzle -- when fitted properly your dog can open his mouth to eat, drink, pant, fetch, and bark
- Nylon straps
- Has an adjustable nose loop for a custom fit
- Won't choke -- pressure is applied at the back of the neck vs. the front of the throat
- Won't come off -- no need for safety straps or double-leashing
- Converts to a regular collar for greater flexibility
- Can be used with dogs 8 weeks of age or older
- Can be worn up to 18 hours per day
What Comes In The Doggie Bag:
- Training DVD
- Training Instructions
- Leash not included
|Extra Small||Under 5 pounds||Toy breeds, Teacup breeds, Puppies|
|Small||Under 25 pounds||Beagles, Jack Russells, Shelties|
|Medium||25 to 60 pounds||Border Collies, Dalmatians, Spaniels|
|Large||60 to 130 pounds||Danes, Goldens, Labs|
|Extra Large||Over 130 pounds||Giant breeds and oversized dogs|
Watch Our Demo Video
Question & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this product.