What Our Top Dog Says About The Pet Rider Bike Seat Lookout :
The Pet Rider Bike Seat Lookout for Dogs secures your dog safely to the back of your bicycle. The soft seat cushions your dog and the tether secures him inside the bike basket. The bike seat secures on a bike rack which is sold separately. Your dog is visible due to the reflective stripe but we strongly recommend you add a light to your dog's collar or the basket.
Here Are The Doggie Details:
- Bike Baskets fits Pets up to 16 lbs
- Sleek design with great storage: two pouches and zippered pockets
- Fleece pad with internal tether to keep pet safely inside
- Sturdy long-lasting material 600 denier nylon shell with sturdy floor and sides
- Universal bike attachment is easy to install on most bikes
- Removable cover is machine washable and dries easily
- Three point safety strap secures pet inside
- High visibility reflective strip sewn to cover
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Machine washable Black Quilt and Fleece
- BIKE RACK NOT INCLUDED- MUST BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY
- A strap is provided to secure your pet to a harness.
- Securely straps to rear bicycle rack and frame. (sold separately)
Top Dog Tips & Advice About The Pet Rider Bike Seat Lookout:
- Secure this bike seat to a bike rack on the back of the bike.
- The bike rack is sold separately and needs to accommodate the bike basket dimensions (see below). We strongly recommend adding a light to the basket or have your dog wear a lighted dog collar for extra safety at dusk & dawn..
- Outside: 19"L x 16"W x 10" H
- Inside: 16" L x 10" W
- Measures 15.5 x 11.5 x 11.5-inches; for pets up to 16-pounds
What Size Dog Bike Basket Should I Get?
In all cases, as a general rule when in doubt get the larger size. Why? Because if the size you choose is too small, it will not do at all. If it is perhaps a little too big, at least it is big enough and it will do.
Dog baskets for bicycles are generally available in 3 sizes, for dogs and pet 12 pounds and less. Medium size dog baskets for bikes are for dogs and pets in the 16 pound range and the largest size of dog baskets for bikes is for 24 or 25 lb. dogs, however these are rear mount dog bike baskets.
It is not recommended to try putting a dog that is very much larger than 16 pounds in a handlebar mount pet bicycle basket. This amount of weight on the handlebars can cause handling and stability problems with your bicycle.
If you do have a dog in the larger 17 to 25 pound range, we suggest a rear mounting dog pet carrier as they will have a lower center of gravity on your bicycle and are rigidly mounted to the rear of your bike. This will alleviate the problems of a large weight attached to your handlebars. If you have a large dog or pet you might consider a bike trailer for dogs.
Question & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this product.