Watch Our Demo Video
Shipping & Returns
What Our Top Dog Says About The Dog Car Safety Belt:
The Car Safety Belt is designed to secure your dog for safe travel in an automobile. While the tether prevents your dog from freely roaming throughout the car, it is fully adjustable to allow your dog to stand, sit or lay comfortably without restriction.
The tether is not only to protect your pet while driving, it is also designed to eliminate driver distraction and keep your pet in one place at all times. Studies show that every 18 minutes a loose pet in a vehicle causes an accident. This is the tool to prevent that.
We have found tethers that are ONE SIZE FITS ALL DOGS. Safety is key and we found the smaller sizes were not as strong. This size works for all dogs. We particularly like the black one because it's reflective. The tether can be easily attached to your vehicle's existing hardware so no further installation is necessary.
Since the tether is designed to fit a number of different dog breeds, flexibility is a must to allow for a comfortable fit no matter what your dog’s size is. The tether is fully adjustable from 15" all the way up to 26" for all dogs giving them plenty or room to stretch or sit. Don’t leave your dog unrestrained any longer... get the Car Safety Belt today!
Here Are The Doggie Details
- Reduces driver distraction by preventing your pet from roaming.
- Prevents your dog from jumping out of the vehicle.
- Reflective so your dog is visible in the car at night
- The seat belt tether also works as a leash to ensure your dog is never out of your control when taking them in and out of the car.
- Tether allows your dog to sit, lie or stand comfortably.
- Adjustable from 12" to 26".
- Compatible with your existing seat belt hardware and secures into most seat belt buckles
Why Does Your Dog Need A Seat Belt
Do not attach the tether to your dog’s collar as this can cause serious injury or even death in the event of a motor vehicle accident. Attach to a harness only for maximum protection.
We recommend you keep it adjusted to a tighter setting with room for your dog to be comfortable but not loose enough that your dog can't jump off of the seat.
Securing your dog in the car with a seat belt/tether can actually prevent accidents! Most dog/car accidents are caused by a dog that distracted the driver. Many dogs are like jumping beans in the car. They jump from seat to seat or they pace back and forth.
Even if your dog is calm, you might have to make a sudden stop, or veer the car sharply or a car honks and startles your dog, or that you are rear ended. Now that mellow dog is anxious and scared, and trying to get into your lap and you are already reacting to the stimulus If you are in an accident, and a rescuer opens your door to get you out - your loose dog is likely to run out of the car - and into traffic . . . or just away. This can be avoided, with a dog seat belt.
Police are now ticketing for having a loose dog in the car. Some states have specific animal tethering regulations for vehicles. Yet, police in any state can write a ticket for an untethered dog in the car under general 'Distracted Driver' or "Improperly Transporting An Animal" provisions.
Seat Belts Can Save Your Dog's Life!
In case of an accident, if your dog is wearing a properly fitted harness and seat belt/tether:
- they are prevented from being ejected from the vehicle. Even "low speed" accidents can result in a dog being propelled at 20 mph or more through a window or windshield.
- Restrained dogs cannot collide with humans in the force of an accident, which can cause serious injury to both humans and dogs.
- Restrained dogs are unable to dash out when a door is opened, preventing a lost dog. And this restraint removes any chance of the dog interfering with driving, tangling with police, or bolting in the event of an accident.
- The tether can be used like a leash, so your dog is never unsecured during the two seconds that you open the door that they love to jump out. This also saves their back from injury when they jump down.
- Length: Adjusts 15" to 26"
- Width: 1" Wide Nylon
- One Size Fits All Dogs!
Watch Our Demo Video
I see it is sold out now. Hope you get more. Sorry I took so long to write. I didn't have the chance to use the belt until recently. It is very easy to use and install. I wish I had as good luck with the Sleepypod clickit, which is more important for safety in case of an accident, but this is very good for the more likely occurrence of having to brake suddenly due to unexpected behavior of the car ahead or a pedestrian, etc. However, I only drive about 120 miles a month in town at low speeds, thus at lower risk for a severe collision, so I feel this is adequate to keep my dog from being thrown off the seat. I was hoping , should I ever need to drive at high speeds, that this belt could somehow be combined with the Sleepypod which I cannot get hooked up with my very big 80-lb dog who leans on the back of the seat, but it seems not to be workable that way.
I hate to be a downer because I love the product. The tag read that it didn't fit some newer Fords, Volvos, etc. Thought I was safe, but it didn't fit my '93 F150. Gave them to my exwife, they fit her car. Still looking for something for the truck.
This purchase was my second, this time for my daughter because I liked mine so much. She has a dog that likes to be all over the car. So this will be perfect.
Seat belt works great. Attaches easily to the Kurgo harness.
I went to purchase a basic tether for to "buckle" our dog in the car. The website layout is very beautiful and navigating through the site is also a breeze. Check out was straight forward, fast and secure. We received our item within a few days and it has been perfect for our needs. Adjustable and sturdy for our German Shepherd.
Shipping & Returns
Here are some quick points on our shipping practices and procedures.
- $5.99 First Class Shipping via USPS on Orders Less than $75
- FREE Shipping via USPS on Orders More than $75
- UPS shipping options are available. Rates will appear based on your shipping address during the checkout process.
- Most orders are picked, packed and shipped within 1 to 2 business days from when you place your order. Please be aware that our shipping department is very busy during sales events and the holidays, and we do our best to get orders shipped in a timely manner but sometimes take a little longer than normal. If you ever have a question about your order, reach out to our friendly customer service team and they help you find the information you need.
- A tracking number will be provided via email when your order has shipped.
- Sales tax only applies to North Carolina, California, and Kansas residents.
- Snoozer, Dogline, Sleepypod and iFetch products take an additional 1 to 2 business days to be picked, packed and shipped due to their location.
- Delivery typically takes an additional 2 to 7 business days after your order has left the warehouse.
- Expeditated shipping is not available.
Processing & Handling
We love getting orders out just as much as you enjoyed picking out the right products for your pet! The majority of our products are stocked at our North Carolina warehouse and are ready to be shipped to you. Most of our orders are shipped within 2 business days from when they are received.
You'll receive a tracking number via email once your order has been picked, packed and shipped. Please note that delivery typically takes an additional 2 to 7 business days after your order has left our warehouse.
Product Returns & Exchanges
KeepDoggieSafe.com does not refund shipping costs on returned orders. Please click here to learn how to return/exchange your order.
If your address cannot receive USPS deliveries, please choose a different shipping option at checkout.
If your order is returned to us as "Undeliverable", we will contact you for a different mailing address but you will be charged for the shipping charges to send the product again.
Packages Delayed Due To Circumstances out of our Control
We are committed to keeping your dog safe and ship it out as fast as possible. However, our shipping carriers have occasional service disruptions due to weather-related and other natural disasters or events. Unfortunately, these situations are out of our control and require follow up with the shipping provider for updates or escalation.
Lost or Stolen Packages
We are responsible for shipping products from our warehouses to your provided address. We are NOT RESPONSIBLE for lost or stolen items that are shown as "Delivered" by UPS, FedEx or USPS.
We will try to help locate your package, but your first call should be to the delivery service with the tracking number showing it was delivered. The shipping service including the post office finds the package more often than not.
Keep Doggie Safe does not claim any responsibility for lost or stolen packages. Once the carrier shows a package has been delivered, complaints should be directed to the carrier. Please reference the tracking number that was emailed to you in your shipment confirmation.
- USPS: 1.800.ASKUSPS
- UPS: 1.800.PICKUPS
The return policy at KeepDoggieSafe.com is very simple. You may return any product for up to 30 days after you receive the order. Purchases of Sale items are final.
Items must be clean and contain NO pet hair (None. Zip. Nada. No Pet Hair please!). Any returned item(s) must be in original, sellable condition and have all original tags and product packaging. If you are returning a Sleepypod Carrier or Snoozer Car Seat, DO NOT write on the cardboard box. This is part of the product packaging (shipping labels are acceptable)!
If we receive your item and it does not meet these requirements, we cannot offer you a refund or return the item back to you. The item will be donated to a local shelter.
Shipping costs on your original order are non-refundable unless we make a mistake in filling your order.
How To Return An Item
- You can start the return process by logging into your customer account here. Be sure to follow the instructions below to request your return:
- To access your customer account, enter your email address and then click Continue.
- Find and open the email sent from our store to your inbox and copy the six-digit verification code included in the email.
- Go back to the account sign-in page on KeepDoggieSafe.com and enter the six-digit verification code.
- Find and click the order with the item(s) that you would like to return.
- Select the item(s) that you would like to return.
- Select a return reason and add a note if needed.
- Click Request return.
- Please be sure to include your original invoice, all product packaging, and unworn, unwashed, and undamaged merchandise in your return package.
- Send any items back to us at the address below at your own expense:
KEEP DOGGIE SAFE RETURNS
1112 Tonsler Drive
Raleigh, NC 27604
- Once we receive your return, we will refund the purchase amount to the original form of payment.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for your return to be processed.
We don't offer direct exchanges, because often, the prices of products vary by size. You can place a fresh order for the size you need and return the product that you already have back to us for a full refund.
Having Issues Choosing the Right Size?
All dogs are sized differently. We try very hard to update the sizing charts for all products. Please read them carefully and call us with questions.
Whoops! We Made a Mistake!
If there is an issue with your order, please contact us by email:
- Email: email@example.com
Our customer service and fulfillment teams are made up of real people, and occasionally we do make mistakes. In the unlikely event that you have received the wrong item or something is missing from your order, please contact us and we will fix the issue as quickly as possible. We will send you a prepaid label to send the incorrect item back to us, and we will send out the correct item in exchange.
We test everything before we send it out, so it's unlikely you will receive a defective product. If your product proves to be defective within 30 days of receiving your order, contact us for a replacement.
If it's been longer than 30 day or the product is covered by a manufacturer's warranty, please contact the manufacturer directly for replacement or repair. Information should be located on the packaging and/or the product itself, but we're happy to help you find it.